Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to ENERCON for new articles and information.
Enercon Services Inc. (ENERCON) is a full service multi-disciplined engineering and environmental services consulting company doing business internationally as ESI–Energy Consultants. With our extensive experience in the United States as the leading provider of engineering and environmental services to the commercial nuclear fleet, we have expanded our operations to include providing highly technical engineering and regulatory support services worldwide. We currently have significant international efforts ongoing in Europe and the Middle East to support operating nuclear facilities and the licensing of new nuclear plants.
ENERCON is a leader in providing site selection, permitting and environmental characterization for companies expanding into the global market. We can assist with all stages of site development from conceptual engineering, siting studies and land acquisition through the permitting, construction, operational program development and long-term monitoring. ENERCON offers tailored siting models designed to identify options within large geographic areas of interest best suited to the needs of the proposed facility – from economic feasibility and environmental impact considerations to trans-boundary, public and non-governmental organization (NGO) reviews. These siting models can incorporate regional, local and site-specific buffering criteria to quickly exclude fatal-flaws such as geophysical faults, flood zones, public lands or historic sites. Infrastructure criteria can also be incorporated to ensure availability of adequate water supply, worker housing, electrical supply and other utility services. ENERCON has extensive experience working closely with project developers, specialty sub-contractors, environmental stake-holders and government authorities to ensure that the selected project site is suitable to the business needs of the project and has identified, avoided or mitigated significant environmental impacts.
- Site selection services
- Fatal-flaw analysis, corridor routing and environmental site characterization
- Land and right-of-way acquisition
- Trans-boundary and localization reviews
- Environmental Assessments (EAs) environmental justice, demographics and socio-economic studies
- Archaeological and cultural resource evaluations
- Real-estate due diligence and environmental risk management
- Estimates for remediation of contaminated soil, groundwater, hazardous material removal prior to site re-use
- Water supply studies, low-flow considerations, groundwater modeling and off-site impacts reviews
- Off-site hazard and flood hazard modeling
- Green House Gas emission evaluations and permitting for new operations
- Hazardous waste removal and disposal services
- Pre-acquisition environmental compliance audits to support financing
- Environmental protection and site restoration planning